Fostering Literacies to Empower Life-Long Learners
New technologies and evolving methods of communication and sharing drive expanding understandings of literacy. This reality has made the refinement and demonstration of strong literacy skills ever more important for learners. Exploring and connecting various ways of knowing and learning is part of the process of personalizing learning and involves embracing new literacies and skills.
Below is a list of blog posts that should be helpful in implementing this standard.
- Colouring, collaboration and creativity on a budget!
- New Video: Simple Steps for Supporting Students Who Speak Other Languages with Diana Maliszewski
- New Video: Going “Dewey Free” at the NFSB with Joan Fraser-Burton
- Halloween Resource Roundup
- School Library Advocacy Challenge
- Library Acquisition Guides from LO and QRC
- Québec Reading Connection Workshops 2017-2018
- New Video: “How We Do The Things We Do with Pam Harland”
- Why #LibrariesMatter 2017
- New Video: “Why We Do the Things We Do with Pam Harland”
- New Video: Libraries and Democracy; Teachers and Librarians Working Together to Open Minds
- New Video: Pierrefonds Comprehensive High School Comic Book Club & Option Class
- QSLiN Library Hangout: Making Space for Learning at Beechwood Elementary
- QSLiN Library Hangout; Principal Hayter: From Library to Learning Commons at Beechwood Elementary School
- SYNC Your Ears to Some Summer Reading
- Resources from the 2017 Library Symposium Sessions
- Battle of the Books (BoB) video
- Nicola Davies: Without Libraries We Are Less Human and More Profoundly Alone
- QSLiN Library Hangout: PCHS Creating Zones in the Library
- World Read Aloud Day