We are QSLiN – the Quebec School Librarians Network, a consulting group consisting of school librarians, technicians, consultants, and educators encompassing English schools across Quebec in both the public and private sectors.
Our mandate is to INFORM, EXCHANGE, CONSULT and DEVELOP. Our mission is to advocate for the revitalization of school libraries as learning commons, to promote literacy, information literacy skills, and digital citizenship throughout the K-11 curriculum across Quebec and assist in the education and professional development of educators, school library personnel, and students.
Here’s what we do:
- Support school libraries that would like to implement the CLA Library Standards for Canadian School Libraries
- Exchange great ideas that have been developed in school libraries across the province
- Provide professional development for school library personnel
- Work collaboratively to create and develop tools that can be used in school libraries
- Communicate the most recent information available from the Ministry
- Inform library personnel of current issues and trends in the school library world
- Offer support to one another to make school libraries vibrant learning spaces for students
For more information or inquiries, please contact us using the form below: