Library Journal is hosting a FREE (yay!) global virtual conference on October 18th: Tech Knowledge Virtual Conference: Creating Equity Through Technology.
The program has many exciting sessions available to checkout but of particular interest to school library professionals there is:
- From the Newsroom to the News Feed: How Do We Investigate Forces Shaping News Production and Distribution and Respond to Them?
- Good Chemistry: Building Equity and Inclusion Through Creative Partnerships Curated by The Knight Foundation
- All Means All: Technology that Levels the Playing Field
- Equity or Equal – Weighing the Balance of Digital Access Curated by ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education)
- Empowering Patrons Through Accessible Technology Education
- Full STEAM Ahead: Experiential Learning for Teens and Adults
Each session is 30 minutes long, so short and sweet and won’t take up your entire day.
As well, if you cannot attend on the 18th, as long as you register, you will be given access to all the presentations and resources.
This is a great opportunity for professional development and connecting with your peers across the globe.
You can register for the conference here
If you do attend and would like to share what you’ve learnt, send us a blog post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the conference!