There has been a concerted effort in the past few years to encourage and support the writing and acquisition of diverse books due, in no small part, to the activism of We Need Diverse Books. I put together a few resources that you might find interesting.
· Hashtags to use on Twitter: #WeNeedDiverseBooks, #diversebooks, #ReadYourWorld, #diverse
· Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators will be free on Amazon from January 24 to 27.
· The Ultimate Guide to Diverse YA releasing in 2017: June to January
· #WeHaveDiverseBooks: an all Canadian book list to download
· CCBC themed book lists have diversity as a recurring theme
· The Université de Montréal put together : Bibliographie de littérature jeunesse : « diversité culturelle, linguistique et culturelle, processus migratoire, contact, différences et racisme »
4 Arts, Libraries & Cultural Programs