This year, for the eleventh year in a row, the Library Symposium is offering a professional development opportunity for school library personnel in the English Sector of Quebec (both the public and private sectors). In addition to school library personnel, many of their educational partners (consultants, school and board-level administrators, etc) are also invited to take part.
This year’s theme is “Embracing Change”.
This year’s keynotes will be Anita Brooks Kirkland (writer, presenter and consultant, specializing in the areas of information and digital literacy and leadership for the school library learning commons, Chair of Canadian School Libraries, and former President of the Ontario Library Association) and Jennifer Brown (a teacher librarian at a dynamic K-8 school in the Peel District School Board in Ontario). Other sessions include a session by Mona Greenbaum on sexual and gender diversity, a presentation by Educational Consultants from the EMSB, LBPSB, and SWLSB on the new Quebec Sexual Education program. As well as sessions by CBC Curio, SORA/Overdrive, Cantook Station and Quebec Reading Connection. As always, there will be presentations by a local bookstore, as well as by local Quebec library personnel, and their educational partners that will showcase ways in which Quebec school libraries, and their personnel, can use new methods and technology to offer more modern services and improve collaboration.
To register for the symposium, click here.
To see a detailed listing of all the sessions being offered, click here.
Holiday Inn Pointe-Claire,
6700 Trans Canada,
Thursday March 28, 2019
Here are blog posts about present and past library symposiums:
- 2020 QSLiN Library Symposium registration is now open! “Creating Thinking Readers”
- Resources from the 2019 Library Symposium Sessions
- Resources from the “Sexuality Education in Quebec’s Schools” at the 2019 Library Symposium
- 2019 QSLiN Library Symposium registration is now open!
- Want to do a poster session at the 2019 QSLiN Library Symposium?
- 2019 QSLiN Library Symposium – Registration opening soon!
- 2018 QSLiN Library Symposium – Live Stream
- 2018 QSLiN Library Symposium registration is now open
- Want to do a poster session at the 2018 QSLiN Library Symposium?
- New Video: Cultural Leadership with Pam Harland
- New Video: Collaborative Leadership with Pam Harland
- New Video: Simple Steps for Supporting Students Who Speak Other Languages with Diana Maliszewski
- New Video: Going “Dewey Free” at the NFSB with Joan Fraser-Burton
- New Video: Cosplay Makerspaces with Diana and Mary Maliszewski
- New Video: “How We Do The Things We Do with Pam Harland”
- Why #LibrariesMatter 2017
- New Video: “Why We Do the Things We Do with Pam Harland”
- Resources from the 2017 Library Symposium Sessions
- Monday Molly Musings: Facing Challenges in Montreal
- Want to do a poster session at the 2017 QSLiN Library Symposium?